If you’re like us, you are having all the emotions during this turbulent time. The world may be crazy and confusing right now, but let’s get through this together. Here are some marketing and messaging dos and don’ts to consider for your business as we navigate the COVID-19 crisis:
- Be consistent with messaging to your internal team, external clients and across all your social media channels and website.
- Be transparent with your team and clients.
- Find the silver lining. How can you spread positive messages and keep your team motivated? This too shall pass and things will return to normal. How will that look for your team and your customers?
- Be different – not every company needs to send out the same message. Customize a response that is specific to your business and your culture.
- Disperse different messages that are tailored for each platform (i.e. LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram). Here’s a graphic that should help.
- Share updates regularly. Whether that’s daily, hourly or weekly depends on your industry.
- Provide some stress relief for your team and clients. What does that look like for you? Support your local economy during this trying time by purchasing a restaurant gift card or spa gift card to enjoy once the world gets back to normal.
- Share your good news! Some may be hesitant to distribute company news or press releases right now, but people are desperate for good news! Balance being sensitive to the current climate by sharing positive stories.
- Can you be a thought leader about your industry and how it will be affected? Write an article for LinkedIn or to submit it to your local newspaper.
- Ignore client requests or questions during this time. Be responsive.
- Underutilize your relationships. This is your chance to build and strengthen them.
- Remain stagnant. Adapt! How can you help your team work best remotely? Do you need to provide gloves, booties, sanitizer, laptops or any other items?
- Bury your head in the sand and stay in your pajamas all day – even though it’s tempting! Here are some guidelines about how to best work from home.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact the One Eight Oh PR team for guidance and best practices. We are here and happy to help!